Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Kennedy Chronicles: The Golden Age of MTV Through Rose-Colored Glasses

by Kennedy

I loved this book. I remember Kennedy from when I was a kid. When I was about 8 years old she was a VJ and I do remember seeing her on TV, and I always liked her. I never knew that much about her being so young and all, and reading this was a total riot. I really loved it. I would never have thought she was a straightedge virgin when she was a VJ. It almost blows my mind that she could do that. I admire her for that. Plus being a Republican was a surprise to me as well. I admire her for that being as MTV was so obviously left leaning and still has that stigma.

As someone who grew up with this music and lived this music, all of these bands were and still are my favorite, this was like candy. I love hearing the stories about the behind the scenes and about Rock Stars that I admire and ones that I don't really like. I loved how you got the story written by Kennedy and then often got an interview after the chapter with one of, if not the main person mentioned in the chapter. It gave them a chance for a response. It almost added more weight to her stories and it was pleasant to read.

I would love to read this one again in the future and would recommend it to people my age or a little older who watched MTV and lived like me.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment