Monday, July 29, 2013

Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School #1)

by Gail Carriger

I really liked this book. In fact I liked it better than I thought I would have. I am 3 books into her other series and I find it sometimes hard to read but this one was easy. I guess that writing for a young adult audience helps that much in this case, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I loved the elements of this book. I love that the school floats, I love that they have a vampire and werewolf on staff. I love the elements of the flywaymen and Picklemen even if they confused me a little for a while, and the Picklemen still kind of do. I love the mechanimal and want one of my own.

I love how Sophronia is so strong and independent. I love Dimity and the fact that she wants to be diabolical but really is more of a lady and the other supporting characters and teachers are a great compliment. I love Soap and the sooties. I think that brings a good element to the story.

Some of my joy in reading this book also stemmed from the fact that I had one of my cats who is newer to us since we are watching these cats, but they may end up staying with us and Stella keeps laying on my books. She lays on the book in such a way that I can read but she gets to cuddle. She has a white tip on her tail so I call her my white tipped kitty. She's my new reading buddy.

I think I am going to like this series and I would love to keep reading it. Hopefully it stays this interesting and the characters stay interesting. I really can't wait to read the next one.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment