Saturday, July 6, 2013

Confessions of a Bad Teacher: The Shocking Truth from the Front Lines of American Public Education


by John Owens

*I was given a free copy of this book from netgalley.com for a fair and unbiased review*

This book was amazing to me. It seemed very honestly written by a man who wanted to be a good man and teach the youth of our age in school and found out just how corrupt and problematic the system has become. This poor guy did years of college to teach just to essentially get pushed out by a horrid Principle and guidelines and requirements even Superman couldn't manage to do.

I knew our educational system had problems,but reading this book was a serious eye opener. I really had no idea it was as messed up as it is. It also saddens me because I would love to be a teacher, but it sounds like it has become a revolving door system and it wouldn't justify the cost for the education.

I liked this book a lot. Now, my copy had a few formatting errors, but nothing that couldn't be overlooked or ignored. It was a fast read, I read it in one sitting, and it seemed to go by very quickly.

If you like nonfiction or are an educator or have considered becoming a teacher, you should read this book.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment