Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Trench (MEG #2)

by Steve Alten

I am super happy that I read this book when I did. I love the uniqueness of this series and it is reminiscent of Jurassic Park. While the first one was arguable better, this one was a very logical step in the aftermath of the first book. I liked that about it.

What I didn't like about it was that there were less meaningful deaths and less chaos than the first one. That isn't to say that nobody died and there was no chaos, but when the first book is so full of chaos and death and the second one isn't it sometimes feels like you were cheated. That being said the actual plots and story made perfect sense.

I was not too sure about Benedict and Celeste in the first place and their storyline was a little too twisted in the end for me to appreciate and the involvement of the CIA and other government agencies was a little weird feeling to me.

The one thing that pulled me out of the book a little is that this book had a plot that involved terrorist organizations and Osama Bin Laden funding the operation and it does date this book a little. This was written before 9/11 so it would have made sense, but in the aftermath of that day it loses a little of its impact.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment