Saturday, June 6, 2015

Rules of Prey (Lucas Davenport #1) by John Sandford

Title: Rules Of Prey
Author: John Sandford
Series: Lucas Davenport
Published: 1989
Genre: Crime, Mystery, Thriller
Pages: 479

Synopsis: Introducing Lucas Davenport in the first book in a giant series. Meet that "maddog" murderer and he is hunting women in the twin cities. The two face off in a cat and mouse chase.

The "maddog" killer is a very good foe and makes an intriguing subject. His victims are "The Chosen" and he is "The One". I have to admit that I am not a giant fan of Lucas. Well, not initially. I have a huge problem liking men who are womanizers, and Lucas is a big one. I love the writing style and while it felt a little long, it was all for the good of the story. I can tell you that I didn't like Jennifer at all. There is something about her that is annoying as hell to me. Maybe it's her cutthroat attitude or something, but I can't stand her and I don't see why Lucas would be with her, except that he is also a bit of an asshole, so it makes sense.

Rating:





My reaction in an image:

No comments:

Post a Comment